SAIL = Success through Advising and Interactive Learning!
Project SAIL is designed to support substantial institutional advances to increase student success through significantly increasing:
- Retention rates for first-time and all degree seeking students
- The percentage of students who complete an AA/AS degree or certificate
- Transfer rates from CCCC to four-year colleges and universities
- The percentage of students who progress from developmental to college level math.
A five year plan of three interrelated areas of activities will be implemented:
- Strengthening Student Services: Activities include implementing mandatory orientation, adopting a case management advising approach focused on academic plans, including a Group Advising Lab and incorporating technology (degree auditing capacity, electronic academic planning, early warning and referral system and scheduling software).
- Strengthening Academic Programs: Activities include implementing Guided Pathways to Success (GPS) Complete College America strategies, with academic focus areas and block scheduling, improving capacity to communicate with students, and multiple pathways to completing developmental coursework.
- Faculty and Staff Development in Learning Strategies and Targeted Student Services: Activities include the development of faculty and advising staff training programs to support the incorporation of “high impact” strategies employed in Components 1 and 2 above, professional development for faculty, revision gateway courses to include high impact strategies that promote student learning and achievement.
Across all activities, there is ongoing coordination with other college initiatives to extend and connect our efforts, and to maximize the sustainability of Project SAIL beyond the grant period.